Monday, March 16, 2009

I NEED citrus!

I have been craving oranges, kiwis, grapefruit, you name it! It might be because I am coming down with a cold....who knows.

Today was fun. Hailey got to skip school and go with me to a Dr.s appointment. I wouldn't normally do this but today I was having an ultrasound. She has been counting down the days! Every day she grins and says "___ more days!" It is cute to see her so excited. I am 3 months along and a few weeks ago we had an ultrasound to make sure things were going well, and Hailey came across the pictures from it. She came upstairs holding the pic and said "Mom, are you pregnant?" with this big grin on her face. I asked her why she would think that and she held the picture up so I could see. I said "Well how do you know that's mine?" and she said "Because it says Ellayne Meldrum on it!". So I said "Well how do you know that's not one of you girls when you were in my tummy?". She says "Because it says 2009 on it!". So I started laughing and she said "Besides I already asked dad." "Well what did he say?" I said. And she told me that he just started laughing too!

So we were busted by our 8 year old. It normally isn't such a problem, but I have had 2 miscarriages in a row and wanted to wait until we were hopefully out of the woods. So I told her she could go to my next ultrasound (which was today) and if everything looked good, she could finally tell people. So she has kept this big secret and giggles all the time and gives me winks if I say I am tired or not feeling well. It really is cute! So everything was fine today and we let her tell her little sisters when we got home and show them the pictures of the US. Miranda understood and Lilly kind of did. Then they played like they had babies in their tummies all day!

My Grandma and Grandpa Hebdon came over with my mom and so they got to find out too. It was the first 3D picture they had ever seen and grandma was amazed. It was fun! Darin came over for dinner later and had fun having Family Home Evening and watching home videos with us.

So life is exciting and we hope all goes well with this, our 5th and final child! Yeah! Our family will be complete! Thanks for all the prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world~ You need to post some pictures of your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ellayne! I'm so happy for you. What a beautiful family! You can see us at jasonbollesfamily.blogspot.com. Hope to hear from you some time.

    ReplyDelete