Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a day!

What a funny day! We get up and go to church like normal...and that's where "normal" ends! We get home and start making lunch, eat, and head upstairs to get the girls laid down for naps. (I am definitly one of the "girls") So we are all settled in to bed and needing a good nap, when Lilly decides she needs this, then that...and finally back to bed! Then I hear the door stopper at the bottom of the door being twanged. I thought it was Lilly (who else would it be? Taylin was in her crib!) And NO! It wasn't Lilly so I gently open Taylin's door and about had a heart attack! There she is sitting beside the door playing with the stopper! So she somehow slithered out of her crib and decided to play (and do her dooty). So she gets changed and put back in her crib. By the time 3:30 pm had rolled around, only Lilly got a short nap and Taylin had snuck out of her crib 5 times to play and eventually open her door and go downstairs. When did she even learn to get out of bed, and become such a pro at it? Was she secretly practicing this for weeks? I am baffled!

But that's not all! So Lilly wakes up and is crying. We ask what's wrong and she said that she swallowed her earring! Yes, the peirced sharp ones! When we asked her why, she said in a daze that she thought it was a peice of food! WOW! She must have been groggy! Did she try to chew it? And why would food be in her bed? And a peice of food that tiny would have been appetizing? Once again...Baffled!

So of course the rest of the evening was filled with crazy, tired laughter and whining. But by the time 7:30 came, Rob had the crib changed into a toddler bed, all the toys out of Taylin's room, and anything out of reach that needed to be. We showed her her "NEW" bed, put her in it, and prayed for the best. We were completly thinking she would get up, play, bang on the door to try to get out (did I mention we put one of those child doorknob covers on the inside of her door to buffer the escapes in the middle of the night), and eventually cry herself to sleep somewhere on the floor. But after a while of her asking in a loud voice (but not crying) for everyone, including Lilly to come get her out of bed, there was silence. We waited a while and peeked in on her. There she was, sound asleep, in the spot where we laid her!

AAHHHHH......prayers are answered! haha So I studied awhile and now off to bed! I hope bed time goes just as good tomorrow night!

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I wonder how she learned to get out! I guess she was ready for that big kid bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love motherhood! Just when you have things figured out and baby-proofed, they learn something new and you get to start all over again. I do love being a mother and have come to the conclusion that I have a different "favorite" phase for each child and often multiple phases. What blessings they are in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure! I would have a pretty boring life I think. They keep me on my toes!

    ReplyDelete