Saturday, March 28, 2009

What a week!

So I had an accounting final on Wed. and I am officially done for this qtr. We get spring break (along with the kids) and then back to school on April 6th. I'll be taking my last Accounting class and a Law class which should change it up a little for me. Should be fun.

Well Thursday was a little weird. We picked the kids up from school, made an early dinner, ran Miranda to gymnastics, ran a few errands, back home, and put the kids to bed. That's when it got weird. Rob and I just sat there and stared at each other. No homework, no job stuff, we didn't know what to do with ourselves! So we rented a movie that started out hopeful, but eventually ruined my night. We watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. It was pretty good but the ending was terrible. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, I won't ruin it for you. When it ended, I was so mad and told Rob I was going to go throw up a couple of times (because it left me feeling very disturbed) and go to bed...and then I didn't sleep well all night! Let's just say ignorance is bliss!

Today was really fun though. Rob left in the morning to go on a 9-miler with his Young Men's group and we took Miranda to gymnastics. Hailey had spent the night at Wes's so I picked both of them up and we went to breakfast at the Country Gentleman. They have the best breakfasts! After that we went to the feed store where they were having "Chick Day". They had tons of baby ducks and chicks that you could hold, a little petting zoo, puppies, the Easter Bunny giving out candy, and hot dogs and soda for everyone. The girls loved it. One little chick pooped on Lilly's hand when she was holding it and after we washed it off she said "Wow mom, that was pretty sure gross!" She says the funniest things! So we went back and picked up Miranda and then took her over to see all the fun. After that we went to Rich and Laurel's for Claire's Birthday party. We had root beer floats and watched her open her presents. Then all the kids went skating and Wes and Rob took the kids to Baskin Robin's afterword. (Wow, I just realized how much ice cream they had in a matter of a few hrs.!) Then Dylan and Claire came back to our house for pizza, a movie, and a slumber party. (I am enjoying the "slumber" part of it right now!) It has really been fun and I love spending time with my neices and nephews. We are so lucky to be so close to eachother! Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. What are you getting your degree in? Where are you going to college? Just realized I don't know a few of the basics. That is exciting that you are almost done! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am almost done with this qtr. I still have a while till I get my degree but I am in no hurry. I think a transfer degree to WSU in business administration...we'll see. I change my mind a lot in regular life so school life probably won't be much different! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the slumber party was a hit! It was so much fun when we were skating. I love your girls they are hilarious! I love my family! And am grateful to be close also!

    ReplyDelete